Monday, February 15, 2010

Forever Young


We had friends from the city up for a visit this weekend and that never fails to make me nostalgic. I put this book out on the coffee table hoping that it would start a conversation, and I was not disappointed. What a wonderful book. The text and color photographs do a remarkable job of capturing the rich urban texture of Manhattan, as it existed in the early 1950's.

Earlier this evening, it occurred to me that there just might be related video footage posted on the web. So, I did a search and hit the jackpot. There is a 10-minute long film on youtube that is amazing. It is titled 3rd Avenue El and I posted it to the video bar that I just set up about an hour ago. By all means, have a look. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment